If your organization has already collected, processed and tested contractor time cards and prevailing wage rate data, computer programs will be able to generate certified payroll reports instantly and automatically in most cases. With automatic certified payroll reports, your payroll and compliance teams can spend time reviewing and certifying documents, rather than keying and double-checking tedious dollar amounts.
Can Automatic Reports be Submitted to LCP Tracker, eMars, Elation and Similar Technologies?
Most DBRA agency-requiried contractor compliance tools allow general and subcontractors to upload reports electronically. If your team is generating reports manually, you will need to learn how to hand-key items into compliance tools like LCP Tracker in order to generate reports. By generating reports automatically in advance of entering in Elation/Tracker/eMars, your team will be able to upload data without manual entry in some cases. (Although no compliance tool is perfect and there will always be a certain amount of manual steps.)
What Data Will I Need to Generate Automatic Reports?
Most certified payroll reports require companies to certify time, rate and fringe benefit data for each worker, for each day of service on a given project. Other values such as state and local tax paid can be supplied in aggregate.
In order to generate reports automatically, it is best to follow a few recommended guidelines and storing your time card, rate and payroll data:
- Store time cards electronically, or key them into a single spreadsheet (per pay period.) Computer programs will be able to read all of your time cards at once as long as they’re available in a single spreadsheet or database.
- Store applicable prevailing wage rates, increases and other data in a separate spreadsheet or spreadsheet tab. If possible, you may even want to store these data in an enterprise HCM or ERP system.
- Don’t just rely on employee names or email addresses to link data, use payroll employee identifiers or other standard employee identifiers whenever possible in your time card, HR and payroll data.
Are Automatic Certified Payroll Reports Included with Valet?
Certified payroll reports typically require at least two data sources, and can be included in the basic edition of Valet. Advanced Certified Payroll reports may require connections to additional data sources, which are still available through Valet.
Valet Data Platform
Ensure payroll accuracy and simplify HCM workflows with Valet – connect your HCM system to external data sources to verify rates, streamline employee data and more.
- Connect to external rate tables or applications
- Validate time card or payroll data early in your process before inaccuracies stay in your system
- Develop custom integrations or applications using Valet
- Experience fantastic ongoing support